Personal Survival Techniques – Intermediate
The aim of this course is to increase the participants’ knowledge in assessing and evaluating marine safety practices and marine emergencies and the procedure in responding to these situations.
Who would benefit?
This course is recommended for employees in the Maritime Industry and offshore personnel.
DURATION & DELIVERY
The duration of this course is five (5) days. Classes are from 8:00am to 4:00pm. A combination of lectures sessions, video presentations, practical exercises and hands-on demonstrations are used to deliver this course.
In this course you will learn to:
- Assess & evaluate safety practices & procedures
- Assess & evaluate emergency situations
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations
- Types of emergency situations
- Principles of survival in the marine environment
- Types of life saving appliances
- Handling survival craft in rough waters
- Basic equipment on board survival craft
- Methods of helicopter rescue
- Use of first aid kits and resuscitation techniques
- Radio devices carried on survival craft
- Effects of hypothermia and its prevention
- Use of emergency boats and motor life boats for rescues
- Importance of discipline
- Must have completed the Basic course in Personal Survival Techniques.
A certificate of participation would be awarded to participants.
This course will increase the participants knowledge in assessing and evaluating marine safety practices and marine emergencies and the required procedures in responding to those situations it is recommended for employees in the Maritime Industry and offshore personnel.
Possible Careers: Supervisory positions e.g. Captains, Officer of the Watch, Mates, senior port workers, &Trainers
Durations : 5 days