Outboard Motor Maintenance & Repairs
The course offers a practical and theoretical approach on the maintenance of marine out board motor engines.
Who would benefit?
This course is recommended for mariners who operate vessels with single engines (usually the Yamaha 45 and 75 HP outboard engines) such as yachties and fishermen.
DURATION & DELIVERY
Duration of this course is five (5) days and classes are from 8:00am to 4:00pm. A combination of lectures, demonstrations, and practical training are used to deliver this course.
In this course you will be taught the skills that are necessary to make repairs to an outboard single engine in case of failure at sea.
- Describe the working principles of two stroke and four stroke out board engines
- Maintain fuel, cooling, electrical and lubricating systems of marine out board engines.
- Disassemble and re-assemble out board engines
- Assemble and disassemble marine out board transmission and marine outboard propellers
- Troubleshoot and diagnose simple mechanical problems affecting two (2) and four (4) stroke out board engines
- Read and interpret measuring instruments used in troubleshooting
Working knowledge of English and be able to read basic numeric measurements.
Upon completion of training and successful examination the candidate will receive a certificate of completion from the Institute.
This course provides required theory and practice to support the maintenance of marine outboard engines It recommended for fishers and persons who own and operate 45 HP and 75 HP engines.
Possible Careers/Job Titles: Marine Mechanic, Outboard Engine Technician
Duration : 5 days