Entry Requirements for International Applicants
Arrangements need to be made to facilitate the entry of International Applicants into Trinidad and Tobago with the Immigration Department.
Applicants will need to provide the following information:
(This information is required for every entry into Trinidad and Tobago to undergo training at CFTDI)
- Applicants name
- Intended Course at the CFTDI
- Date and Duration of Course*
- Date of Birth
- Country of Birth
- Country of Citizenship/Residence
- Passport Number
- Home/Mailing Address
- Financial Statement as proof of ability to meet the cost of training
- Intended address and Telephone contact number while in Trinidad and Tobago**
International Applicants will be required to arrive in Trinidad and Tobago at least two to three days in advance of the start of the training course. This is required to register and to make payments towards the intended training course, accommodations** and meals.
Registration requirements for Maritime courses
Applicants must undergo a Medical Exam with a Medical Doctor authorized to conduct medical examinations for Seafarers.
Upon completion of the Medical Exam, applicants will return to CFTDI with the following documents;
- Three (3) Passport sized photos (photos must have white background)
- Two (2) forms of identification (National Identification card, Passport and/or Birth Certificate)
*Course duration can be found in the course description on the Courses page.
**If residing at the Dormitory at CFTDI, the address is as follows;
Caribbean Fisheries Training and Development Institute
PO 1150 Western Main Road, Chaguaramas