Entry Requirements for Training at CFTDI
Applicants are required to have the following in order to apply for courses at CFTDI
- Two (2) forms of Identification (Drivers Permit/License, Passport, ID Card and or Birth Certificate)
- Two (2) Passport sized photographs (Photos must have white background)
- Attained a minimum age of 16 years
- Basic Literacy skills
- A valid seafarer medical – Download Maritime Medical Form
Basic Training – Seaman Class IV
Applicants must complete a Registration Form at the Training Department and collect a Medical Form and the list of approved medical practitioners. Registration can only be finalized when the completed Medical Form is returned.
Medical Forms may also be obtained from:
Maritime Services Division,
#127-129 Duke Street
Port of Spain
Want to upgrade or re-validate your qualifications?
Interested applicants will need to have completed the Basic Training – Seaman Class IV course with the CFTDI or have in their possession, a valid STCW-95 certificate from a registered and approved Maritime Training Institute. persons can then apply for the course with the following;
- Valid certificates
- Two forms of ID
- Two (2) passport sized photographs
Applicants to the following courses require prior approval from the Maritime Services Division of Trinidad and Tobago
- Efficient Deckhand
- Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft
Additional requirements and information for each course can be viewed on the Courses page.