Medical First Aid
The course expands on what was taught in the Elementary First Aid class room and includes various life saving techniques, as well as how to treat several types of injuries.
Who would benefit?
This course is recommended for any individual who intends to pursue a career at sea or offshore.
DURATION & DELIVERY
The duration of this course is five (5) days. Classes are from 8:00am to 4:00pm. A combination of lectures sessions and hands-on demonstrations are used to deliver this course.
In this course you will learn to provide intermediate medical care on board boats, ships or any other sea-going vessels.
- Immediate action
- First aid kit
- Body structure and function
- Toxicological hazards abroad ship
- Examination of patient
- Spinal injuries
- Burns, scalds and effects of heat and cold
- Fractures, dislocations and muscular injuries
- Medical care of rescued persons, including distress, hypothermia and cold exposure
- Radio medical advice
- Cardiac arrest, drowning and asphyxia
- Must have completed the course in Elementary First Aid
This course will expand on what was taught in the Elementary First Aid class room and includes various life saving techniques, as well as how to treat several types of injuries It is recommended for senior crew on board a vessel.
Possible careers/Job Titles: Supervisory positions on board vessel, Able Bodied Seaman, Heath and Safety Officer.
Durations : 5 days